D200 - Thom Hogan's Book & alternative

walterh

Hello as much as I appreciate the frequent recommendation for this book - I just

hate to go and pay via paypal. The other thing is that I pay as much for the

book for shipment to Germany and customs that I wonder if:

1) Just by chance - is there anybody in the EU who has a copy he does not need

anymore (got a C-brand camera instead?) or just staying in the US and coming

back soon and possibly could bring a copy?

2) Is there any alternative here in the EU for a book that comes close to

Hogan's book?

I get more things to work by trial end error than by reading the f_ᄃ$%&ᄃ$ manual :-)

Cheers

Walter

As far as I know Thom ships them on a CD. You can look on the auction site for used copies if that makes a difference.

The D70s manual only weighs in at about 40mb so it could easily be made available by ftp download.

Dave

Walter, the book is worth it. We live in an international commercial world these days. There must be some easy way for you to get the book thru the mail. At least you can pay for it thru payPal! I just mailed a friend of mine a CD-Rom to Italy for $3.35. The same CD rom mailed to another friend in Nevada cost $1.11. How much did you pay for the D 200? Come on Walter. Joe Smith

Joseph shipping and tax will cost more than the book. Its not the amount its the fact that I pay more for getting it here than for the book :-) Besides I am reluctant to go through paypal. Besides it will take at least 4 weeks - if someone in the EU sends it I will have it in 2 days.

You might try ebay, where I got my copy ... and with my film cameras trial and error was the way I preferred, but with the d200, in trial and error mode you'll be working on that for long after Nikon discontinues this body ...

Seriously, there is so much to learn on pro-level bodies and a lot you can set which after you give it some thought, you'd probably not set... that said, Thom's book was about $30 and worth every penny.

Also there are a couple of CDs you can get at the photo stores on the D200 but they don't tell you what Thom tels you.

BTW Thom's ebook on the D200 is about 700+ pages

• 8 months later...