Wista does not fold with 150mm lens mounted.

manjo

My wista does not fold when I have the 150mm lens mounted but folds completely

with the 210mm lens is mounted. Seems like there is a little pit in the base

plate were the lens rests, and this pit is too small for a 150 lens. Is this

normally the case ? Anyone got any suggestions?

This is a wista DX and fujinon 150 (sorry did not mention that earlier). I never noticed this coz I always left the 210 (fujinon) mounted on the camera. Even if I used the 150, I would swap it with the 210 before I packed everything coz the 210 lens does not have any lens caps.

"Anyone got any suggestions?"

My suggestion would be to spend the $10 or so cost of caps for your 210mm lens and not keep either of your lenses on the camera. If the lens on the camera happens to be the lens you need in a given situation then you save the five seconds or so that it would have taken to mount the lens on the camera. But then if you need one of your other lenses instead of the one kept on the camera you lose time because you have to remove the lens on the camera before you can put the correct lens on. Over time I would think it all balances out to be a net zero time saver and something not worth worrying about.

Thanks Richard Deimel for the reply. My 150 lens is mounted on a copal#1 shutter. DUH!!!. But I think I will try the trick of reverse mounting the lens to fold it. That way I dont have to keep mounting and unmounting the 2 lenses. Ofcourse I am off to the camera store to buy 2 lens caps.

Thanks a ton everyone for helping me out.