Hi everyone,

I'm not new to medium format but I'm new to the Bronica system. I know

the ETRSI has built BULB mode and a few extra improvements and TTL,

but what is confusing me is that the ETRS version can also use the

AEII prism right? So what is the advantage of the ETRSI with the same

AEII prism compared to the ETRS with the AEII prism? Can the ETRS

version meter well with the AEII prism? Will I still need to use a

light meter? I want camera that give me good overall readings so I

won't have to always rely on my light meter.

I'm interested in this camera because of a few reasons.

1) they are actually fairly affordable 2) there quite a few good

deals on ebay 3) since selling my Yashica C I've been itching to get

back into MF without breaking the bank

I read the Tamron website but that site lacks alot of the useful

information I need. I dont' care that it is no longer in production

because at that price, if it breaks so what? It would have been still

cheaper than renting. Thanks in advanced!

Hi Robert, thanks for your comment. How do you normally shoot with the ETRS? What does set up consist of? How you do find the metering and the viewfinder information? I have never looked thru one but I heard that the viewfinder is very bright which appeals to me. I am considering trying out this system for some portaits and wedding formals. thanks!

I have both an ETRS and an ETRSI. They both use the AEII quite well, mine seems very acurate. I do not have a compatible flash for the ETRSI's TTL flash metering. I use a separate Flash meter on both cameras, so it has never been a problem. I have only had an AEII for a few of months, Used Waist level, or meterless prism before. But it does make life a little easier. I also have recently purchased an old AE prism, and it seems to work fine with both cameras. I've heard that the AEIII prism, includes spot metering, and is more accurate. But, If I need to be that spot on, I will use a hand held meter that I really trust.

so basically the ETRSI, has the advantage of bulb mode, MUL and TTL flash correct? So if dont' ever use bulb and never used MUL even on my F5, then then only thing I would be missing is the advantage of TTL flash? Fow now I will strictly shoot via available light so all I can about is good metering, but this is mainly via the AE prism correct?

I purchased my Bronica ERTS a long time ago - maybe 20 years. I have the AEII finder, 75mm, 50mm, 150mm,45 to 90mm zoom, 2x tele extender, 2 - 120 backs, 35mm back, and speed grip. Photography is my hobby and I also have printed color using negative film for over 30 years. I am now scanning with a Nikon 9000 scanner using color negatives.

I find the AEII finder does an excellent job determine the correct exposure with color negatives. I have only shot a few rolls of positives and they were excellent also. I use color negatives because it's easier to print from color negatives than color positives and you get much better skin tones.

I use a shoe mount electronic flash that has a sensor to control the flash output. I find the AEII finder works great for fill flash. I set the flash for one stop underexposure and turn on the AEII finder and let it set the correct shutter speed for ambient light. Since the camera has leaf shutters in each lens it will work with electronic flash at all shutter speeds. I get correct fill exposure automatically.

I use studio flash with umbrellas and external flash meter to determine the correct exposure under these conditions.