engagement posing

jay_ferrigno

this is a great question ditto that request, I need it for a wedding posing or how to shoot her during the day, wide or zoom lens, angle tricks, shoot above or from below. sorry to butt in, but this is something I need to. Thank you

First of all you may not have a problem. The bride knows what she looks like and that is what she wants to be in the shots.

So I shoot her as she is, concentrating on her face but shooting the dress too.

I also will pose the groom in front on some shots, use columns in the church or trees in the park, etc to mask her size.

But do not be surprised is she choses 'normal' shots for the album.

Errol

There are no "heavy set" brides, just "full size" brides.

Having said that here are a couple of tips for posing "full size" brides:

When doing face shots raise the camera so that any extra flesh beneath the chin is hidden.

For full length ensure that the bride is positioned so that she is angled to the camera and has her neck extended (do not use a standard feminine chin to shoulder pose.)

When creating group shots ensure that the bride is positioned slightly behind the Groom/companion so that his hips slightly "diffuse" her waist. If you put him in back it will create an outline of her and emphasize the waist espically if he is in a contrasting color(black tux)

Hope this helps:-)

do you think she will wear black? :)

that sorta makes them slim...

what phillip and errol said

dont do any full face shots of her.

dont let her stick her arms to the sides of her body

and from a higher camera angle

don't shoot straight on... put some people slightly in front, from behind tree, behind bridge, but also do some regular straight on and don't worry about size necessarily all the time otherwise the bride will instantly pick up that you think she's fat.