Nikon 80-200 2.8 AF-S

robert_finkelman

Lee -

WOW! Thanks for the tip. I've been looking for one for a while. I primarily use an F5, but I also use an F4 which cannot use the 70-200 because of the lack of an aperture ring. I have read that the 80-200 and the 70-200 are extremely close in terms of optical performance, so I don't feel like I'm loosing out on anything. I don't really care about the VR, as it's not important for my uses.

Thanks again!

Rob

Rob,

I have a minty example for sale.

I bought it brand new at Epperson Photo in Oklahoma City, and I put a 77mm Cokin filter on it before it left the store. Later, I put a B&W filter on it. It has ALWAYS had a filter on it.

I have shot shot eleven 36-exposure rolls that I can remember, and I have also handled it on my N90s a little bit. So the total number of actuations is probably around twelve rolls. It is in "demo" condition at least, maybe even mint.

If you can't find a reasonable deal elsewhere, I am prepared to be reasonable. Check my references on photo.net. I also have other excellent references. If interested, please contact me at chasmill@mfire.com

Cheers,

Charlie

You can use a G lens on the F4; just use either the P or S mode. In S, when you set the shutter speed, you are also indirectly setting the aperture. Not the most convinent way to use it, but it is usable. The same applies to the N8008 and N90 series.

You will lose the VR capability on those bodies with only 1 AF point, though.