Mi Casa Es Su Casa - One and All invited

Tell me you won't have keywords under photos in your new site, like Daggueretype, Tin type, Aristostle's Camera obsura with or without cave, Leonardo's Super camera obsura with string attached for vanishing points, or trade names like Lumiere, Gevaert, Defender?

Lots of luck, Craig!

Hope this gets through before the trap door is activated . See you on the other side of the moon!

Oops! I meant camera obscura.

BTW, is it ironic or a coincidence that under the reinforced new rules of the game for this forum--- that forbid selling, buying or trading-- is the flashing name of Adorama or B&H or whoever's day in the barrel it is. Ever try to read the credits after a movie on TV? They shrink it to an unreadable size font or put the names at an angle that make it illegible.

That couldn't happen to this once upon a time forum that got along nicely without handlers? Things change!

"Jonkers" was a "pseudo" name used by a certain schmo' on another forum that I certainly hope does not join your forum. His Jonkers account is deleted now as someone at PN probably read the site's logs and saw what he was trying to do....

Nevermind...

Craig-

Good luck, hope it works out & doesn't turn into another "Underground Leica Forum" (you know the story of that one?) The user interface looks familiar - I think Lou Lohman used that for his New Exakta Enthusiasts List. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to have it at an ISP with good servers, and the thing's been plagued with performance issues. I'll pop in soon -- can't resist another temptation to fritter away time on the Internet!

I've got clear rules outlined. Not a lot of fine print, just basic rules for friendly discourse. I have a rock-solid host that I've used before that gives me plenty of transfer for a nominal fee. Should be a good thing. Really meant to suplement my front end, to allow for locals (to me) to meet and converse more fluidly than the Yahoo group the local assn has set up (and to which I also belong).

In the end, I only want to see a fair and polite (enough) exchange of info and ideas without the data-push occuring here. By the admin's admissions, I am not wanted here, as I run a locked-down machine and will not open it to them. I've been locked out of replying to any threads in the feedback forum here, because I do not agree with the way things are run, and no abuse involved.

So... we'll see. A lot of good folks here that I would like to keep ties to.

So I joined. Something going on at PN these days, a kind of Momentum Toward Dullness. I have a feeling that the Hall Monitors are overworked & underpaid, and so setting things up to be as easy as possible for themselves. This could turn out to be a very good thing Craig; you must be excited, but I hope it isn't too much work for you.

Is there a prize for joining? An Oh Henry bar, or a mint Tele- Rolleiflex?

Make sure you notify Sam Liu Craig. Buona Fortuna!