tim_page2

First Minolta color meter 1970

Tim page , jun 03, 2005; 12:41 a.m.

I just purchased a Minolta color meter and I have no idea what the

setings D1 D2 T1 and T2 are I need help reading this in kalvin and

mired. I manual would be great or a full description on how to use

this thing.

Thanks

I am sure D stands for Daylight and T stands for Tungsten , I do not have a meter manual, sorry. When I saw your name I though you might be that, TIM PAGE, but I see that you are not. I have been a fan of that, TIM PAGE for many years.

No Michael Ging I'm the Tim Page who has been into photography for not even a full year. As for the meter, I know what the T and the D mean it's the D1 and D2. I think for some reason the 1 is read backward and I have no idea how to set the C.C. filter knob. Anyway thaks for the info. Now I must see the work of the other Tim Page.

Tim , If I may suggest you go to the library and look for any of Tim Pages books. He was a British Photographer who shot wonderful photos in Vietnam in the 1960's. He also crossed Asia and did a photo book on that, as well as a Great Book on Bali. There is a book on his life called Page after Page,which is a interesting read. I met him years ago at a get together of Vietnam Photographers in California. I am sure I will be saying the praises of your photos books one day. I wish I could have been of more help with the meter.

My God Michael you are amazing. The feeling you convay in picture after picture almost moved me to tears and the command you have of your medium is impressive. I have yet to create what I would consider a good photo. Seeing realy good work like yours and others here always inspires me to keep at it.

Thanks