Help! Can I save this picture?

Help! My client loves this picture that I submitted to her in B&W

but wants it printed in color. I over exposed and havent had any luck

fixing it. I have ps 7 and have tried every trick I know of. Any

suggestions? Thanks!

Hi Amber, Maybe it's me, but I really don't see any blown-out highlights on that baby - maybe the fence behind him is a little hot and distracting. I would think a simple curves adjustment would take things down a notch. (put a point right in the middle of the diagonal line and drop it down and to the right a little). You could try duplicating the layer and put the top layer in multiply or overlay mode and adjust opacity, but I bet that might make it too dark. What is it you're not happy with?

Thank you guys so much for all of your help. I actually used a little of all of your advice to make this a little better. A little blending and several layers of different curves adjustments and I have a suitable fix. Markus I tried to email the file, but it was sent back to me as undeliverable. Not sure what I did wrong. Thanks for the offer to fix it though. That shadow/highlight filter would've been great to have. I will have to upgrade my PS soon. I did get tired of fooling with this pict so I handed it over to the lab for color correction, but I think it will turn out fine. I tend to be much more picky than my clients, so Im sure it will be satisfactoy. Thanks again!<div>00CUGp-24036284.jpg.60b0beb56828a316c57d1c4a1457dc11.jpg</div>