Bryce & Analope Canyons Advice

dan_reardon

Judging by the number of photos I see of these amazing places, I'd say: don't take too many

photos. It looks like an amazing place; soak it up in your mind a good long while before you

add to the pile of photos taken.

I really worry that people who go to these places spend too much time photographing and

not enough time experiencing. I hope you have a great experience, and also take some great

photos.

• 2 weeks later...
Dan: We went in late May and it was awesome! You should definitely drive out to Antelope Canyons (the upper and lower are across the street from each other). You don't need to take one of the tours in downtown Page. Go to Lower Antelope early in the morning (they open around 8:30 or 9:00). The colors are awesome and it's not crowded...the guides let us go by ourselves, without them. Upper Antelope is crowded (maybe less so after Labor Day) and the "light beams" probably appear around 11:30 a.m. or so, so plan your trip around this time. I used the Nikon 18-200 and D70 with tripod and found it was wide enough. I have a Tokina 12-24, but didn't need it. Bryce was a lot nicer than I anticipated. All of the marked points provide great photo ops, especially at sunrise and sunset. Enjoy!<div>00HkIc-31885484.jpg.a98b9b1d2f97b955bf5d80a06ef127b0.jpg</div>

• 1 month later...

My best advice for Antelope is to protect your camera. I made the mistake of carrying my Pentax 67 around for about 2 hours and ended up with a broken camera. There are so many people in there that the dust just gets on everything.

Bryce is amazing. All of the viewpoints are fantastic photo spots. If you have time, walk down a few of the trails...even a hundred yards or so....you will get some different shots and you won't have to walk a million miles