Looking for new lenses

jordan_loyd

Hi everybody,recently I have been looking for a new lens, I am debating the

18-200 VR Nikon, the 70-200mm Sigma (or nikon need some suggestions) or a prime.

I mainly shoot nature, but really want to get into sports, so I was thinking the

70-200 sigma f2.8 is a pretty good lens for that. I currently have a D50, with a

15-55mm a 70-300mm (crap) and a 28-80mm. If ya have some time to help me out

that would be awesome, thank you so very much.

http://k2ascent.deviantart.com/gallery is my current gallery. Thanks again!

I would think that the 5.6@200mm on the 18-200 VR Nikon would be too slow for most sports. The VR has more to do with keeping the image sharp with respect to camera motion rather than figuring out what is moving and/or should be moving in the image. Also the faster Sigma will do more to blur the background as seems desirable to many folks shooting sports. Of course much of this depends on what sports you are looking to shoot and how close you'll be - the 200 may not be enough.

-Eric

I have the 70-200 f2.8G VR Nikon and love it. I shoot mostly sports and it works great. From soccer to basketball the lens performs without issue. It's also a pretty good lens for portrait work.

If you want to get into shooting sports, you need a fast 2.8 lens. Anything less and you won't be happy with your results.