Real Time LCD Viewing on an SLR

shambrick007

Kazu, because it's mounted directly on the SLR's viewfinder, it's the same view that the sensor will "see" (ie, through the SLR's pentaprism) - well, it's almost the same view: many SLR's don't show 100% of the actual view to begin with. However, it <i>is</i> a through-the-lens view.

PS - I agree it's expensive for what it is... but if you need something like this now and again (and many people miss this aspect of digital photography when they move from a P&S model to an SLR), then it's still quite a bit cheaper than buying a good quality compact digital camera to supplement your SLR.

Yes, this is a feature that I really miss going from a CP5700 to a 20D. Being able to frame a shot from an odd angle is very handy. I don't care if the whole frame is visible, as long as I can see the LCD in daylight. This probably means that battery life will suffer if there is a bright lcd. $175 is cheap if this thing works. A cheap point and shoot is no match for the 20D, not to mention lens versatility. This is a very good idea.