I recently became aware of this company and its Gitzo-esque carbon fiber

products. I'm interested in the 3-section, heavy-duty 3371, but have not run

across many reviews of this particular model. I'm considering replacing my

Gitzo 1340 aluminum with this tripod to reduce weight. Anyone have any

experience with 3371 and how it compares to the 1340? Sounds like a good

option to me given the positive reviews of other Feisol products and the low

price. Thanks

Mike

This is a relatively new product so you won't find too many reviews.

Not sure where you're located, but if you're in SoCal, you can check it out in person at their US distributor (Threshold Concepts) in the City of Walnut.

I have the CT-3402N, which fits my needs. Initial build quality is excellent. For the approx 4-5 weeks I've had it, it's lived up to my expectations. Whether it survives the rigors of regular use over a long period... only time will tell.

If I needed a heavy-duty tripod, I would NOT hesitate buying the 3371/3471.

KL

• 5 months later...

Hi guys,

am looking at Feisol 3371 for a D200 + Nikkor 600mm f/5,6n ED IF AIS MF lens combo. Since tripods have been out for almost a year, can anyone give me some experiences with this tripod, I was otherwise thinking of buying a gitzo 1325.

Thnx

miha

The Feisol tripods and monopods have a strong following on another equipment based forum.

It's a middle of the road, economy, carbon fiber product with a sort of Gitzo knock off feel. They're a reputable company which stands behind their products, based upon complaints posted and how the company has responded to these complaints with replacement parts.

You order via PayPal and they quickly deliver. Lot's of happy campers.

I'm a Gitzo kinda guy. Yes there's a difference in product quality but for the budget minded, based upon "many," "many" positive comments and reviews that I've read, I wouldn't hesitate recommending their product line.

Hope the above helps.

PS: Out of respect for this forum, I don't like to post the name of the other forum. I'll e-mail you.

Thanx for a quick reply Thomas, please do email me.

The more I look (read) around the more I lead towards Feisol 3371 (since I am 183cm) am thinking of wether I should get the center column for 3371 as well (add. 60$), mainly because if I eg. am on a slope and the legs won't do it, otherwise the legs wit the head should be enough for eyes level.

I plan to use tripod with (and this is another dilemma) manfrotto 393 head (for the heavy lens), in combination with the manfrotto base (it doesn't turn at the bottom, made for monopod) but since it doesn't lock 100%, I figured out I should get another (thinking of some sort of manfrotto big ball head) for steady shots (long exposure shots), but than again, maybe it would be wiser to buy just a big ballhead, it should pan well enough, and lok sturdy as well..

And for the ending, last time I saw a novoflex ballhead in a store.. anyone using it..

see ya

miha

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...