Rollei pr0n

melaniec

right now i am deciding between a mamiya 6 vs. a 2.8F.

i now feel compelled toward the 2.8F since the camera is so beautiful.

did you include the bag of coffee to help gauge the size? i was always wondering how a rolleiflex would handle in my hands... and now i can just drop by peets to see.

i am guessing the bag of coffee and the rollei weighs the same as well?

I included the Peet's for other, dorkier reasons:

Camera And Coffee

Anyway, the Rollei weighs considerably more than a bag of Peet's. It's very slightly heavier

than my M3 + 50mm lens, but not enough to matter. Takes up about the same amount of

space in my bag.

Frederick, it just depends - I am always surprised how small and dinky Rolleis seem when you see them in the flesh, but even someone with huge paws like me can still use them - thats part of why they are a classic design I suppose. here is a picture of my old (and cosmetically tatty), Rollei 3.5 Automat with its Big Brother!

Nick<div>00HKm9-31246884.jpg.7d5245540e32202fb76bda59599589f3.jpg</div>

I am almost overcome by regret because I still rue the day 25 years ago when I sold my

2.8F. The 2.8Fs are surely the most beautiful and functional cameras that anyone ever

made. The only Rollei I have left is an SLX with a Rollei-made f2.8 Planar. It's very nice and

it takes nice pictures, but the proprietary batteries don't last long and have become

ruinously expensive. As a result of that handicap, I seldom use the SLX and its value on the

used market has dropped well below its value to me. I should never have let go of that

beautiful 2.8F of mine.

Gotta give it to Peet, he makes a damn fine cuppa but the whole shiny and well buffed Santa Monica thing doesnt quite scream prOn as your title suggests.

I'd slip the Rollei between two Xtra large, ripe and well oiled cocoa melons or sit it on an upturned plantain

Or should I say CHEEZZZZ :)