broken d70

jeff_fritz

I am selling an D70 (due to D200 )with new major electronics and clean after BGLOD Nikon repair. Might be cheaper than repair but I am in Central Europe/ EU. If you are located in the USA shipping (and import duty) would be too costly for such a cheap Camera^^.

I had my F401x busted back in 1996, it fell from its tripod onto solid concrete. Ended up paying a total of DM 510,- (about $300-400 at that time). However the sum was so high, since two items were damaged (apart from the $ being so low during those times), namely the lens and the body, each costing about the same amount of money to repair. The lens (the 35-70 3.3-4.5 (or whatever) kit lens) had a stuck zoom, and the body lost its flash and had other cracks, but was still working (the F401x doesn't have a LCD), so overall similar damage to what your D70 has suffered. The NIKON people told me the following (I was suggesting to leave the Flash unrepaired): The expensive thing is labour, once they touch the device they have to bill at least one hour of labour. So adding or leaving out stuff does not make sense. Every camera that has falen needs to be checked since the focal arrangement might have been altered by the fall, possibly causing front focus, back focud or even tilted focus. The camera came back repaired, cleaned, as did the lens - the zoom howevber is still somewhat stickier than it used to be. Since you have only one piece of equipment, I would expect a sum of about $150 for the repair. Maybe 200.

• 2 months later...