Macro Lens for 6451000s

raymond_krein

I recently inherited this 1000s from my father. It currently has an 80mm lens.

I am putting together plans to shoot a series on insects and thus need a macro

lens to accuratly portray what I want.

I am looking for some recommendations for such a lens from this forum.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ray K.

Mamiya made an 80mm and 120mm macro lens for these cameras- the 80mm has an available extension tube which will get you to 1:1. They don't come cheap even today though, so be prepared to shell out some cash for either of them. You can also get extension tubes and an auto-bellows, with the extension tubes being the least expensive route to take. I would suggest looking at KEH for prices since you can rely on them to give you a more than fair estimate of condition and a 30 return policy. As always, ebay is use at your own risk.

- Randy

I have the m645 and a sekor 70mm lense. I was goign to buy a set of extension tube sbut the $300 or so dollar price tag was a bit rediculous for a few pieces of holow tubbing.

I use CLose up Adapter Rings that attatch to the front of the lense like a filter, i got a set from ebay for about $40usd, it came with 3 58mm rings(filter thread is 58mm) there was a 1,2 and 4 diopiter and they work quite well.

i ahve tested these verses using extension tubes on my EOS and teh results are much the same. Im not a pro but i thin these are much cheaper and more common sense.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=30045&item=7630458086

thats the link to the ones i bought, im sure teh seller has similar ones for your lense type.

Leon