quick question. how to retrieve a saved action in PS.

I need to take the vigniette that I worked out how I like and have saved as

a "saved selection" and apply it to other images, but I don't know where it is

or how to apply it again.

Another question... how do I batch process a bunch of images in PS and add the

same color correction to all at once. Using just regular PS not, 2.

Thanks!!! That would help me a million!

I'd love to give you all the help in the world if you posted in the correct forum. It's my theory that due to the tolerance of misplaced questions here, I hardly find any w&e regulars asking and responding to questions in the digital darkroom. It's the biggest part of most peoples craft and workflow yet they're not interested in such a valuable resource just next door. I see Lauren and Dolly over there benefitting from the larger pool of experience, but that's about it and always wondered why.

If you have saved the action, you should be able to open it from the actions pallet. If you want to 'export' the action to a file...you need to take the action 'set'. For example, in the actions pallet, create a new set and put your action into that set. Highlight the set (not the action) and then you can 'save actions'...which will turn your set into a file. To retrieve this set, you can go to 'load actions'.

I keep an actions and plugin folder on the desktop, point ps to it through edit/preferences and burn to dvd with a bunch of other stuff monthly. It's also handy when you need to go to another computer to work and you can quickly load your own set-ups by just inserting a disk. Same with the crop tool etc.