M3 leica

You should spend no more than 750 euros (about $1,000 US) for an M3 body. For that price the body should be near "collectable" condition. A good user can be found in the range of 400-500 euros ($500-650 US).

Sellers typically add a lens to an older body when it is hard to sell due to damage or some flaw in the elements, so buy separately.

When you come to a fork in the road, take it ...

– Yogi Berra

Ola Rodrigo,

Escrevo de Sao Paulo, Brasil. Por aqui as M3 custam por volta do valor mencionado. As M6 sao mais caras e custam por volta de 1200 a 1500 euros. Penso que seria mais interessante comprar o corpo e depois a objetiva. Eu aprendi a fotografar com uma M3, de meu pai. E uma camara fantastica e, como podera perceber navegando pelo sitio da photo.net, a preferida de muitos. Ela e ideal para a objetiva normal, de 50 mm. Ja a M6 possui os enquadramentos para objetivas de 28 a 135 mm e fotometro interno (importante se for usada para cromo, filme de slide). As duas cameras sao propostas diferentes, embora ambas muito agradaveis de usar, a M3 mais lenta, mas com um visor fantastico (possui magnificacao de 0.92, enquanto a M6 de 0,72) e a M6 mais pratica. Fico a sua disposicao para eventuais esclarecimentos. Boa sorte.

Carlos, obrigado.Eu também me interesso muito por leicas e sei as especificações delas, mas obrigado.

Torben, for me is more easy to buy and pay in euros and also paying in huhhh, in english I don't know the term, paying in various payments.

To buy or not: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&item=230004519018&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I don't care much about the aspect of the cameras if they have the mecanical and optics parts working fine. But I think also that the viewfinder and rangefinder are very dirty. But is the cheapest body I've see. Here in Portugal seller's tend to over rate the prices only because the item is old or of the top camera marks.

Vinai,

of course you can have a spot hand-held meter, but is it the ideal tool for Leica style photography (street photography, v.g.)? I just belive that using a metered Leica is easier for hand-held photography and, probably, more accurate than several external meters (especially old ones).

Just my two cents.