please help me!

Hello everybody, I'm a new member and I sorry if my english write its

not very good (I'm spanish-european). I have a little question:

I want to buy one tlr camera (Minolta autocord, Rolleiflex 3'5,

Yashica Mat 124) and I take a photographs 50x50 cms. (maximum); which

you recomended to me? It's verý a different quality image for a

rokkor's, Yashinons or Schneider xenotars if you take a image 50x50

cms?. I want a quality for images, can you get a much quality with

Rolleiflex than minolta autocord or Yashica Mat?

Now I have a Asahi Pentax 6x7 with 105 (2,4), with a macro accesories,

..., but If I want buy a different opticals for this camera its very

expensive to me (700 ? everyone), and I want to sale and buy a Tlr

camera. I had a Yashica Mat 124 but I saled because I bought this

Asahi Pentax 6x7 (the quality it's good for Yashica Mat?). It's a

different quality Tlr or Asahi pentax 6x7 medium format (50x50 cms or

image)?

Hola! Picking a TLR is partly how much you are willing to pay and partly a religous exercise. You'll get all kinds of response on this forum. All three cameras will serve your purpose and all have their proponents. My personal opinion is that you will get better performance and better images from the Rolleiflex f3.5 Xenotar, one of the sharpest lenses ever. As always with choosing between older TLRs, condition matters most. Good luck and good shooting.

50x50 cm is about a 20x20 inch print. Any of those cameras in good condition will make a beautiful print, but IMO, the lenses on the Autocord are a bit better than the Yashica Yashinons. Do not get a Yashicor, as they aren't quite as good as the Yashinon. I haven't used a Rolleiflex, but they should be as good as the Autocord. Also, don't forget the Mamiya TLRs. A good C330 can be had for not too much money, or a C2 or C3 for far less. Just be sure to get the more modern "black shutter" lenses, because parts are still available.

Well, if your primary reason for buying a TLR in the lack of additional lenses for the Pentax, you will not gain much by buying a fixed lens TLR (105mm in 6x7 is similar to 80mm in 6x6).

Any of the three cameras you mention will deliver quality pictures but you will be stuck with one focal length (well you can use those front element attachments, but still it's no substitute for interchangeable lenses).

Mamiya TLR system (6x6) and OmegaFlex (6x7) are both TLRs with interchangeable lense. They both have excellent optics, Mamiya TLR is more common but if you try hard enough, you can find either.

Any one of these TLR's will likely serve you well, if in good condition. Variations in condition in 40-50 year old cameras account for bottom-line performance much more than variations in design. From what I read, most people (me included) don't use cameras in the way that allows the theoretical maximum quality inherent in the design to be realized anyway. I.e. we hand-hold them, we don't stop the lens down to the sweet spot, etc. And even if the negative or transparency is high quality, the final image is only as good as the printing, scanning, projection, or whatever process is used for display.

My advice is to buy whatever model you can find in good condition that fits your budget. If possible, get it on approval of a test roll. I have a 1950's Rolleiflex Automat with a Tessar. On a tripod, stopped down to f8-f11, it's a better camera than I am a photographer!

the very same question was just asked several days ago, and a lengthy set of responses were given. moreover, the same question has been asked here dozens of times, and each time a long thread re-hashing the same points materializes in response.

your best bet would be to search the archives and you'll find more postings on this topic that you could ever dream of reading.

For me, it's simple: you will never, ever go wrong with a working 'Flex. That being said, the Autocord is one of the 'cult' tlrs and a good one will do you right.

Why do you want a tlr if you already have a Pentax 67? Really ask yourself this question... it might not be worth all of the hassle to get a tlr (though it's totally different from a 67, and quite cheap).

As one who owns each, I can say without a doubt that a good TLR is a GREAT compliment to a Pentax 67 outfit. Because the TLR is very quiet, shoots unobtrusively, and can be handheld at very slow shutter speeds. These happen to be the main shortcomings of the Pentax 67 system.

IMHO, any good, working Rolleiflex with a Xenotar or Planar lens would be the best choice, but also clearly the most expensive options (costing at least $300, maybe as much as $600 depending on age, model, and condition). I tend to think that the Yashicas with Yashinon lenses, and Minoltas with Rokkor lenses are comparable in optical quality to the Rolleis with Xenar or Tessar lenses.

Do look at the Mamiyas - the C22x and C33x series. These have decent lenses, and the lenses are interchangeable. You see the other lenses quite frequently on the various auction sites as well as many camera shows. The C33x is probably the best option if you still want to do close-ups, as it has parallax correction built in.

Paul