Is the NY Times as well as Leica behind the times???

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<irony>

I think it's a con to get the US legislators to ban all photographic inventions after 1950.

Terrorists won't use ISO25 single layer black and white emulsions in a meterless LTM type camera, would they?

</irony>

Helen Bach,<p>

<i>And here is the UK traffic sign for an "Area in which cameras are used to enforce traffic regulations".</i><p>

Drat!<br>

When I was in Scotland recently, I thought these were indicators for tourists as to where photo opportunities existed! :-P<p>

John: This is a country in which road atlases still show Roman place-names. Only recently (1972) did we drop the abbreviation d. (=denarius) for penny. So OF COURSE we still use steam engines! See <a href="http://www.swanagerailway.co.uk/">here</a> and

<a href="http://www.steam-fair.co.uk/">here</a>, for instance. These are just two in my region.

>If I got sent on an assignment to take a picture of a photo student, and three showed up, two of them wearing Nikon/Canon/Leica(!) digital SLRs and one with a nifty looking TLR around her neck, guess who I'd use the most pixels on.<

The hottest lookin one I'd hope, but then this here's the Leica forum an you all get off on cameras.

John you asked if they still use steam engines? Yes they do in a few places. This one I was on a few days ago is a scheduled service (once every 40mins all day and all evening, all year) for local commuters and shoppers as well as tourists....<div>00CT38-23995184.thumb.jpg.b63471e8610562228a6784cc374ec407.jpg</div>

I suspect that they had no idea what they were representing.

For a couple of years, I had on my office wall a digital photo of an Amtrak train that appeared across about 5 columns on the front page of the Metro section.

It was the worst published photo I have ever seen: Literally, it looked like needlepoint.

Then they went to that blurred action-style digi print for while, and they retired that.

So, to expect that they would feature a Leica is folly. In sum, in my estimation, they haven't a clue, but they sure do have a bias.

Cheers,

Ray Hull