provide us. You can post them here or email them direct to me. If your

worried about giving out your serial numbers just us X's for the last

number or if your really paranoid the last two! The serial number is

found on the under side of the aperture ring (look from the rear) The

build code (which may be rubbed off) is in black ink stamped on the

rear of the mounting ring.

THANKS for any help you can provide.

Mark W.

James, Yours is the lowest modified variant serial number publically posted. Too bad the year code has been smugded away. Yours is very likey a 1981, February. If you could make out the letter as V that would comfirm this. Your may be one of the first one's made with shift arm modification and green paint instead of orange. Thanks for sharing your 14888 serial number. Its very helpful.

Lindy

YES Jamie THANKS as Lindy said this is the lowest modified version number so far.

I'm really hoping we can come up with a few more of the older ones with build codes readable It would be nice to see the other side of the switch over.

I have a ledger with all these numbers as well as others I have gathered up and will before to long post everything I have here so all can see.

Tommy Lee, Your TS35 is the four hundredth or so made. Since you X'd your last two digits we'll say they are 27 ,for illustration purposes, then your's would be the 427th TS35 SSC ever made. Pretty cool. I'd add your was made in the 13th month of TS35 production, according to Chuck Westfall records at Canon USA in 1993.

So it would seem Canon was making 400 to 600 TS35's per year. Likely only 10,000 were made over the two decades of production. We'll know more with certainty when Mark offers us all the revealing build code/serial number data.

Lindy

The last two digit is 22. Then per your info, it is 422 in 13 month. I would guess production for most product the 1st year likely are more than other years. If that is the case, may be likely significantly less than 10K was produced.

Tommy not so. the only year I can make a good prediction as to production numbers is the year 2/82 to 2/83 based on my numbers so far and there wer at minimum 1655 units made during that 12 month period. and it is most likely more due to the number from 2/83 not knowing the last two digits so I assume 00.

Christopher It can't be built in 1981 as it is a higher serial number then other lenses I have in my data base that were made in 1986.

The U in the build code is not applicable I have run into this same thing two other times while collection these numbers.

The O is the year and 06 is the month this fits perfectly in the Data base.

Other wise it is very out of sync with the numbers from 15 other lenses including my own and others of know vintage.

The U is an addition to the normal way Canon date coded their lenses to denote the factory this was started in 1986 SO your lens along with the other 1986 lens in the data base have this additional letter before the year code.

Christopher Sorry I went back and looked at my known numbers and the numbers you have given me and they just plain don't work out.

IF the U in your number is the year code then that would be 1980 BUT that causes a problem with the 006 as there would be one to many O's before the month code. It would also put your serial number before those in my Data base for the year 1981 which I have numbers

2/1981 14888

7/1981 15669

2/1982 16745

Which all conflict with your serial number or your build code.

I also have numbers

3/1986 20003

7/1986 20150

no code 20194

which are lower then your serial number and all from 1986 or later.

So you need to double check your numbers my guess is that the serial number is correct and something has either rubbed off or is missing from you build code. BUT it should be a 1986 or newer lens.