Mamiya TLR lens question

paul_rossi

Hello Folks,

I have a Mamiya C-330 and a friend has a beautiful 180mm (black) lens which he will let me use. This lens won't fit my body. I was under the (apparently false) impression that all Mamiya TLR lenses fit all Mamiya TLR bodies. Would someone please help me understand what�s up with this - or point me to another resource. Thanks much, Paul.

I have a 330f and 180mm lens, and can mount them together without problem. However, due to the length of the lens; the shutter and shutter cocking mechanism is extended. Ensure that when you mate the two components together, the shutter cocking mechanism on the camera, engages into the lug on the lens. It is very easy to mis-align it. Other than that, I can't comment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Mamiya changed the design of the C range front lens board at some point, including a change of the hinge for the lens retaining frame from left to right. Also the design of the shutter mount changed. Thus some lenses will fit any camera - mostly the shorter focal length lenses - but many, especially the 180mm. will only fit the camera for which they were designed. The answer is to take the body with you if you are contemplating the purchase of an additional lens.

• 5 years later...
I've just (last week) purchased a kit of Mamiya TLR equipment including a 55, 105 (chrome lenses) and a black 180 super, plus Mamiyaflex and a C33 bodies. All three lenses fit both bodies, though there may have been a small modification to the cocking lever on the C33, there are some slight file marks on it.