Connector for Photogenic Flashmaster

I have an ancient Photogenic Flashmaster Model AA, in fact I have three of them.

The only way I have to trigger them is one cord that fits the Flashmaster with

the other end being a female "H" jack, the one that looks like an old two-wire

connector for household electrical appliances. ("Old" here means the two lugs

are the same width.) From there I have a second cable with a male "H" on one end

and a PC sync connector for the camera.

Unfortunately, the PC sync connector has gotten pretty flaky and often has to be

jiggled to get it to fire. This is aggravating when shooting digital, expensive

when shooting film.

Before I start chopping up my current cables, does anyone know where I could get

that funny connector for the Flashmaster? It has four flat lugs, each about 1/8"

wide, with two in line with each other and two at right angles, sort of like

this: |= if you imagine that vertical line is broken in the middle.

If I could get my hands on a couple of these connectors I could just buy a long

PC sync cable and connect one end through the connector, or play around with

getting a remote receiver to interface. But I don't have a clue what these

connectors are called or where to go about finding any.

Van

• 4 weeks later...

The last time I bought plugs like this I got them at my local electronics parts store (a real electronics parts store--the kind that caters to pros, repair men and Ham radio operators, not a Radio Shack). The Studiomaster uses a standard octal plug like a radio tube and the Flashmaster uses a plug like that used on a relay. (Do I have to suggest you take the plug with you? Some of the counter guys are under 60!)

When the octal plug was discontinued I cleaned out my local source and later learned that places that sell on the internet to the guys that restore old radios still carry them. I have even bought the old "electric eye", glass tube slaves for the ancient Studiomaster I's. (In the past I've built adapters to use standard H-type plugs and even H-type slaves to fit these units. The job is semi-trivial as long as you observe polarity when making up the units.)

Photogenic is still in business and might have a cord, too

You might also check with Paramount--they make cords for everything--and tell them what you need. If it's not in stock they can make it for you and their stuff is darn good.