Hello,

<p>I had a small disaster with my Kiev 4. A small piece of the wind knob has

broken off. The small pin that protrudes and engages with the slotted wheel in

the shutter mechanism has broken off (see photo). I doubt if there is a way to

mend this. Would it be best would be to get a new part? Is there anybody who

has this part lying around or maybe an unwanted junk camera, I will be happy

to buy it from you. I would like to avoid ordering a whole new one from

*bay.<br> Sorry if this sounds like a WTB post. If it's inappropriate, please

delete it.</p><div>00HIvC-31190384.jpg.314f96b47ffd43663da5c3d88b79012e.jpg</div>

I had a similar experience a decade ago with my Dad's Welta Perle when it's winding knob came off. Needless to say, parts can no longer simply be ordered. About 4 years ago, the solution presented itself when I found one on Ebay with a damaged lens for $15. Hopefully, a similar solution may occur for you.

I had a similar experience a decade ago with my Dad's old Welta Perle when it's winding knob came off. Needless to say, parts can no longer simply be ordered. About 4 years ago, the solution presented itself when I found one on Ebay with a damaged lens for $15. Hopefully, a similar solution may occur for you.

If you are not in a big hurry I have the parts to a Kiev 4 that I cannibalized for the focusing mount. I will have to dig them out from somewhere under the crap on my workbench which might take several days. You are welcome to them gratis -- only for the postage. Contact me at PN address. Regards, Dan

Rajiv: I have found the part, and it appears to be intact, but any e-mail you might have sent did not come through. Advise me on this forum if you did not get my latest message to you.

All I need is your snail mail address and I will send the part on to you if you still need it and we can settle up later. Regards, Dan

Dan,<br>

<p>I got your email and I just sent you a reply. Let me know if by chance you haven't received it and I'll find another way of getting my address over to you.</p>

Thanks again and sorry for the trouble!