Rebel XT with the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM?

ayer_b

Yes, but I would get the vertical grip though because it is just easier and much better controlled IMHO. I use the XT with 70-200IS and 550ex for weddings, along with the 5D + 24-105IS combo, and both works beautifully.

I am on the other side of the fence. I think vertical grips make it more difficult to hold long

lenses steady. Without a grip in place, you can lay the lens and camera along your left wrist

and palm (with your fingertips touching the zoom / focus controls) and have a much

steadier shooting platform. If you have a vertical grip attached, it is much more tiring to

hold a lens steadily for long periods of time.

Andrew - ive got 5d and this lens - and believe me batery grip is something he wants to buy - the lens is very heavy and hold camera using 3 fingers isnt what i like especialy if i have to use dial wheel - its just doesnt feel right without extra grip - i thing 350d make the problem even worse<p>

regards<p>JAn

Short answer is yes. I have not used the 350D, but have the 300D (Older version of your model). When mounting such a heavy lens on a plastic body you may experience "flexing" in the camera body. You will need to be sure to support the lens. Also, you may want to look into the Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 EX DG HSM. Unless you HAVE to have the IS. The Sigma is lots cheaper than the Canon and gives the Canon a run for the money.