Video to promote your business

amanda_h1

Any thoughts on creating a video of yourself in action shooting a wedding or

bridal session, mixed with some interviews from clients? I'm starting to see

this trend, and think it's a great way to showcase your photographic style and

personality. A few photographers I've seen do this are David Jay and Mike

Colon.

I have the video with Joe Buisink and Yervant - that is a training video but if they showed it to a client it would be an instant sale. Of course they are very friendly and have great communication skills with their subjects aside from the perfection evertime they press the shutter. If your not so good like that the video could cost a sale you might have already had. A cool snip on your website might be a good thing if it is done tastefully with the exact shots shown after you press the shutter on the video.

We've done several (www.zvideography.com) and the response is overwhelmingly positive! To show how you interact with a bride and groom and families is pricless. In addition to footage of how the photographers are, we do a slidshow with photos. Many of the photographers we've done this for say that it's their greatest selling tool.

I'd highly recommend it -

Have someone local do it for you - you won't regret the investment.

ERIC

I think it can be good if you have a really good camera personality and can be perceived as fun, easy going, professional, intelligent, experienced, confident, and friendly. If you have trouble exuding these qualities, then it could be ugly or be perceived in the wrong way. Also you MUST have great images to back up everything you say and show in the video, otherwise you quickly lose credibility. If you have a good personality and good work, then I think it can be a fantastic marketing tool.

<p>

Also, a simple slideshow can be great and less of an investment than a video. I found this recently and think it's GREAT! If you haven't seen these guys before, they're fantastic...<p>

http://theimageisfound.com/movies/ourslideshow