technologies and selling the older ones before they are worth

peanuts. would you see this deal worthed and how much would you be

ready to lose?

and besides the money aspect i would appreciate some opnion from

those who have/had both cameras in regards to flash performance. i

ended up using auto thyristor old flash, which are good inside but

unsuable for shade/fill flash. ideas?

thanks. really appreciate.

Unless there is a feature you truely need or require, I wouldn't necessarily upgrade. If you're unhappy with your 300 as it is now, a 350 may not make things better. Keeping up with technology in small moves like this may be very costly. I have a personal rule that to upgrade, my capacity such as megapixels, features, quality, needs to at least double. It was an easy rule to follow with point-n-shoot digitals as MP & optical zoom were all that mattered. With DSLRs it becomes a more difficult rule to follow. With any purchase, the depreciation of the item occurs once you take it out of the box. Only ebay may help you to reclaim some of the value, but even it is overwhelmed with EOS digital stuff. In upgrading from model to model Canon or Nikon or anyone is really taking advantage by getting full price for each model. Its best to wait a full model at least, get the value out of your current camera, you own it and take that money thats burning a hole in your pocket and buy some quality L lenses instead.

<p><i> the large aperture would need a fast speed , way above any pc syn</i></p>

<p>So use 100 ISO and a ND filter. Problem solved and you're out less than $25.</p><p> You'll lose at least $300 on the trade and gain very little capability in the process. Trying to stay current with technology is often pointless.</p>

The 350D is qite a bit smaller than the 300D, especially with the grip. It does some things better but ask yourself if it is worth another $3-400 out of your pocket. As for fill flash that's been a common problem in photography for many years. You might hang on to the camera and pick up a 420EX flash which would solve more problems than a 350D would.

Rick H.

A real upgrade would be the 20D. Otherwise it might be prudent to use your 300D to it's capacity. It's probably a much better machine than most of the photographers using it. Wait for the 350D + 1. JMNHO of course.

This would not be a wise trade up in my opinion. I own the 300D as well and consider it a great, but not perfect, camera. The 350D is only slightly better. Even the 20D is not that big of a step up in technology IMHO. Next year you'll be tempted to do the same thing all over again. I'm waiting for at least one more model year.

Yup, not too worth it to upgrade, if other than you can't control your urge to spend the money.

The difference is minimal from one model year to the next (even between the 20D->300D the differences are pretty minor I agree with Jim, there is still lots that needs to be improved physically with these cameras, not least being the size of the viewfinders, eye-control focus, etc).

Then again, I'm one of the people that buys a car rather than lease a new one every 2 years.

Having been in the same situation as yourself , I decided to keep my 300D as it's good enough for now, and put my $'s into getting pro-grade L lenses I can use for the next 5-10 years vs. one of the marginally improved current digital bodies which will likely be "obsoleted" already by next spring.