300D price drop any time soon?

george_tietz

George,

Suprisingly, I've found a lot of people I know have bought 300D's over the last nine months. Most during last Christmas because of Canon's big ramp-up ad campaigns. I've been looking for a second 300D body. I've also found out the majority don't use those cameras much for many reasons. People who've had point and shoot don't know how much additional work DSLR's require, that the camera body is only a small part of the cost (my 300D body ended up being about 30% of the total money I spent), and that DSLR is more inconvient to lug around than a point and shoot.

Also, the new XT smaller which, as stated by many others, is a bonus to people with small hands, expecially women. That is a problem for me and my big paws. The XT feels like a childs toy in my hands.

Since its not an urgency for me I let be known I was looking for another body and would pay $500 cash. This was to the people who I knew had low usage on thier cameras. A few of them keep asking me if my offer was serious so I'll probably get one of them.

One curious note. I found that the people who are actually using their 300D's, or honestly plan to use them when they have time, have already hacked their cameras. The rest haven't bothered to even investigate...these are the ones who will either sell off, or upgrade.

Cheers,

Mike.