Canon 1v 2CR5 battery life

feli

I looked in the archives, but couldn't find an answer for this.

Recently I purchased a 1v and am curious how many rolls people are getting out of the

2CR5 battery.

I plan on taking the 1v on an extended trip (moderate climate) and am trying to get an

idea of what to expect. I'm doing documentary work and will probably shoot about 300

rolls. Lenses will be primes 1.4/50 and 1.4/35L, so nothing heavy or power guzzling like a

big zoom.

thanks,

Feli

With the 3, I was lucky to get 10 rolls. Admittedly, that was with a lot of auto-focusing without shutter release. Still, it was pitiful at $6 each for batteries.

That is one of the reasons I got a PB-E2 booster with rechargeable AAs. The 8 AAs seemed to go forever. It only came off when I really needed to go light.

Using the PB-E2 on an EOS 3 I got about 100 rolls off a set of lithium AAs. I imagine

the 1V is about the same. The 2CR2 only gave me 10-20 rolls depending on how

much I played with AF, IS, use of AI servo, etc.

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

Thanks everyone.

I have the PB-E1 and PB-E2, but was hoping to run the 1v on the internal 2CR5 with the

GR-E1 grip, because it is a lot more compact (I'm a Leica M shooter and the 1v with PB-E2

weighs more than my entire Leica kit).

I'm going to look in to the rechargeable 2CR5 batteries. Maybe I'll just get three of those

and and charge them at night.

thanks

Feli

This is going entirely off memory, but I thought I was getting 40 rolls or so per battery.

I understand wanting to be compact, but on an extended trip, I'd go for the pb-e2 if for no other reason than you'll find it a lot easier to replace AA batteries than the 2cr5 one.

Eric

Thanks Eric.

What I will probably end up doing is getting rechargeable 2CR5 batteries, but will also take the PB-E1 along and keep it in my backpack, in case I should need to fall back on AA batteries.

feli