Device Removal Lexar 2.0

Almost everytime I remove my Lexar cards from my card reader the message pops up that

I ejected the card incorrectly and may have lost data.

I am highlighting the card, and ejecting from file menu. The card dissapears off my

desktop, I wait about a minute then eject. No luck - same message.

Anyone else encounter this problem and find a solution?

If you are running Windows, look for the UNPLUG tool in the System Tray. Click on the letter for the card reader. If it won't disconnect, make sure that Windows Explorer is focused on another drive.

In any case, you are not likely to ruin any data. The system is probably trying to index the drive, or there is a recycle bin or some other software is trying to access the drive (e.g., a CD burner program). You should turn off indexing, caching and recycling for the card reader, and shut down suspected software.

If you have an Mac, sorry - I only do Windows.

On a MAC with OSX all you have to do is drag the Card reader to the trash. With OS 9 you can use the eject button.

Make sure the card is done downloading and nothing else is accessing it before "trashing" it. Occasionally, even with my firewire drives, I get strange message from my MAC saying that the devices have stopped running, when in fact they have not. MAC isn't perfect by a long shot.

With my WIN XP machine I don't have to do anything. I just move the files from the card to the data drive and then take out the card. That's it.

FWIW, for Windows PCs this problems seems to occur only with WinME, Win98 and, possibly, Win95 (I haven't used Win95 for several years).

When a tethered media reader is properly recognized it will appear in the System Tray, as Edward described. While the warning appears when the sequence isn't properly followed, so far I haven't lost any data.

Well ... jusrt when i thought things were looking up ... for some reason, when I put my

card in the reader it is now creating a folder instead of showing the Lexar card icon in

green. After I copy the images, I can not eject the folder or drag to the trash can.

Anybody out there found a fix to this problem?