on (a)chopping up frames, so that one file will contain 1/2 of #3 and

the adjoining 1/2 of#4, OR (b)turning square into rectangular, cutting

tops of heads, lower bodies, etc. I only occasionally had this problem

with the 2450.

The solution which comes to mind is sending a pickaxe through the

centre of the danged machine, but I'm pretty sure the satisfaction

would be short-lived....

Any answers?

I am anxiously awaiting the answer to this question myself. I have the 2450 which I want to replace with the V700 of V750. Aren't you able to manually select the frame by clicking and dragging? Or are you scanning complete strips of film?

Adrian: the V700 has a holder which will take 6 6x6 negatives. Between the price ($630CDN) and the hoopla you'd think it should do what it says it does.

I had slightly better luck scanning as 24 bit colour for some reason.Still got a rectangular composition, but more of the original.

What Daniel said. I changed from "thumbnail" to "normal". Then I get to see a kind of proof sheet, and I click & drag on the images I want. The arrow next to th preview button. Not sure how this would work with 35. Maybe thumbnails are better.

I did mess around a bit in "configuration", whatever that is. There is no complete glossary of the functions of this software. The physical components yes, but not the virtual.

Still, many mysterious things about this machine. Not the least of which is that the manual itself is virtual, and very sketchy.<div>00G9ht-29588384.jpg.9a3272ad2fea0e062c053e6675a0f7e9.jpg</div>

Jack -

As you have found out, and others here have mentioned, autocropping is often unreliable. I have put up some notes for manual cropping with EpsonScan to create a batch scan. It seems like you have figured out a lot already but the notes might help with a few of the details:

<p>

<a href= "http://www.betterscanning.com/scanning/batchscanning.html" </a> "Batch Scanning Tips"

</a>

<p>

<p> Doug<p>

<a href="http://www.betterscanning.com">New holder designs for Epson, Agfa and Microtek</a>