Comments on my picture? Thanks

barb_hagan

Many of you have helped me with multiple questions since I am new at

this - only using my D50 since February. I would appreciate any

comments or suggestions of my latest picture. Thanks.

www.photo.net/photodb/member-photos?user_id=2115353<div>00GAB0-29597184.jpg.a0a2b5abe16d7fd34665504cd43488ba.jpg</div>

A very nice capture. The WhiteBalance is off, image appears very blue.

I did a quick pass with the white dropper on levels on half the image to give you an idea of just how blue. If I were doing this for real, I'd probably work the curves a ton, but this gives you quick and instant results (which is ok, but I'm still not liking the blue tinge in some of the shadows ;) ).<div>00GAJ5-29599984.jpg.5747fe619b25be64734b726cadd4953c.jpg</div>

You might want to shoot some shots in RAW mode. In Raw you can do all the WB adjustment later on your computer. I am not saying you should go to RAW only, but this might help you to learn about different WB settings. You can install Nikon Capture trial version to play (and learn) with it.

Gary's comments caught mine exactly (white balance - and simplify/take out those extraneous info at the top).

It's hard to do (and maybe not relevant, but it's also dead-centered. Maybe that was your intent (after all, it's your photo), but using the rule of thirds or otherwise composing with leading lines or something could make it even more dynamic.

I ain't no expert, these are just my thoughts since you asked. Use what works, lose the rest.