cheap medium format fisheye?!

joe_whitehouse

I have an Arsat 30mm fisheye lens that was made for the 6x6 format, I bought an adapter and use it on my pentax 645 camera. It works quite well. You might want to look for an adapter to Bronica for that lens.

I have never heard of a Kiev/Pentacon 6 -> Bronica SQ adapter. The Bronica uses lenses with a leaf shutter which makes such an adaptation very problematic.

If you don't mind going to 645, then an Arsat plus a Mamiya 645 or Pentax 645 with a suitable adapter is well within your budget. If you want to stick with 6x6 then a Kiev or Pentacon 6 body is pretty much your only option, short of a 200/0 series Hasselblad and adapted lens -- which is likely over $1000.

Not sure about any other medium format fisheye lenses + body that can be had for under $1000.

Pentax 67 has one of the more reasonably priced fisheyes, apart from the Ukrainian Arsat. Unfortunately, both cannot be fitted to Bronica for lack of shutter in the lens. But you should be able to get a P67 body and lens for less than 1k.

I thought this might me the case. I don't want to go down the kiev/pentacon six route because they have a flash sync of only 1/60, which is useless for daylight fill flash. This is something I'd be using regularly.

I guess I just have to get saving/waiting for the SQ fish.