Photoshop plugins

It seems like everytime I turnaround I find more plugins for Photoshop

but not much for PSP. I have used both and much prefer PSP but just

wish there was more stuff written for it.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Richard

It's a bit more complicated than what Simon says (sorry). A few years ago, Adobe updated the licensing terms they dictate for the use of their software for developing plug-ins. The new license says that any resulting plug-ins shall be exclusively for use with Adobe products. That means many of the plug-ins you see advertised "for Photoshop" <i>may</i> be compatible with PSP, but the "agreement" Adobe forced on their developers prohibits them from advertising such compatibility.

<p>If you're interested in a particular plug-in, an e-mail query to the developer may yield an "off-the-record" statement that it is compatible. And as many plug-ins have demo versions available, you can always check out compatibility yourself. Some plug-ins that are compatible with PSP have functions that are Photoshop-specific and won't work. Other plug-ins use a new Adobe standard interface that isn't compatible with PSP.

<p>Note that the plug-in interface of PSP X is incompletely implemented. Plug-ins do not support 16-bit mode. PSP X also does not send color management or EXIF data to plug-ins, which makes plug-ins that adjust color essentially useless if you're using color management. Corel has documented the lack of 16-bit support in release notes, but the other deficiencies are secrets they've left users to discover for themselves.

While we are on the subject of plugins. I go to the help menu and do a search for plugins in either Adobe PhotoshopElements 2 or PSP-X and the search always returns no subject found. Do they not like to call them plugins ? Adobe does have a thing under help that says "about plugins" but all it tells you is the manufacturer of the plugin.

Is filters a one to one correlation to filters?

Thanks,

Richard