New Product Introduction

izzy_bromberg

Hello All,

I was wondering if the following would be of interest to any of you:

The product is a 3D image that is printed directly on lenticular. The

capture process is relatively simple and let say you could order the

3D from your processing lab. 1. Do you think your customers will want

something like this? 2. How much do you think you could charge for

this? 3. How much would you be willing to pay for such a product?

Thanks,

Izzy

I'm not sure what this is. I am now supplying 3D wedding images on Anaglyph along with a viewer. I use a Loreo split lens for these. Just a few, bride and bouquet, bride ahead of bridesmaids, that sort of thing. Sells well with young couples who want something extra on the coffee table. It's not art but it's fun!

Kevin, Stratford UK

I use 3D Combine (but this is a trade UK only software) but I also use Callypagian 3D which is free from their site.

I sometimes use a 3D CS2 action I have especially if I want to ムtweakメ a 3d image a little. Usually cutting and ムshiftingメ something a bit to enhance the effect.

I've e-mailed you also re the 'boince back'

Kevin

Brooke.

Loreo make 3D lenses for Nikon and Canon both 5D and 20D as well as the full EOS range so a special camera isn't needed. 3D has it's restrictions but with the comeback of big screen with 12 major movies being filmed in 3D, along with IMAX and re-shooting in 3D of some major blockbusters there is a resurgence. Most games now have a 3d option so it follows that there will be some interest when it comes to pro photography. 3D TV is also expected within a couple of years.

Interestingly far from the 1980's 3D or Stereoscopes were invented in 1835 with the biggest interest in movies of the 50's when hundreds of filmed used the technology.

The Steroscopic Society of Great Britain was founded in 1893 and still exists today.

Still 3D is extensively used in physics and chemistry and medicine.

Let's not dismiss it too soon :-) :-)

Kevin.

Kev,

I've seen 3d steroscopes from the 1800s, usually scenics from Europe and the western US and I'm familiar with Viewmaster's 3d photos and viewer etc., etc. The technology of stereoscopic images is not new and can be of limited initial interest if you're viewing some of the natural wonders of the world for the first time as ViewMaster used to do so well.....

Who really needs or wants to see Aunt Bea in 3-D at a wedding? I mean, yeah the cake was round, but we can see that from the video. Woooo! it looks like the bride is walking right toward the camera !!!! Cooool!

Ever see the lenticular prints from this process? Not a high quality image to say the least. Several specific cameras and labs to process the prints appeared in the eighties and then promptly vanished. Stay tuned.

It was lame then, and as far as I'm concerned, it's just as lame now. But that's just my opinion which has nothing to do with anything. #8^)

It's Greek circa 1800 kallipygos, from kalli- + pyg = buttocks.

I assume the software writers thinking in terms of two pictures side by side resembled said buttocks. But since to get a 3D image each is slightly different then they couldn't be perfect LOL.

I'm still waiting for an explanation of lenticular and this product Izzy was hawking round!

Lenticular lenses are those ribbed pieces of clear plastic that, when placed over an image, change the image when you move it. When I was a kid, they'd put them on the back of cereal boxes so you could see a simple two frame animation by moving the box back and forth. They can be made so that, when held just so, your left eye sees the image from the left camera lens, and your right eye sees the image from the right camera lens. Voila, 3D.