105mm Nikkor M specs

bob_tescione

There is no M series f3.5 lens. The shortest M series lens is a 200mm. There is a W series 105mm lens but it's max aperture is F5.6:

105mm f/5.6 Main Specifications

Focal Length (mm) 105

Maximum aperture ratio 1:5.6

Minimum aperture f/64

Lens construction (elements/groups) 6 / 4

Covering power (Max. aperture) 60ᄎ

Covering power (f/22) 73ᄎ

Image circle (mm) (Max. aperture) 121

Image circle (mm) (f/22) 155 (4 x 5)

Shutter (Copalᆴ No.) 0

Shutter speed (sec.) 1~1/500, T, B

Sync socket X-contact

Front mount size (mm) 54

Attachment size (mm) 52 x 0.75(P)

Rear mount size (mm) 42

Flange attachment size (mm) 32.5 x 0.5(P)

Flange focal distance (mm) 103.2

Overall length (mm) 44

Weight (g) 185

Here's the data I have on it:

4 elements in 3 groups,

51 deg at f/3.5, 55 deg at f/22,

100 mm dia image circle at f/3.5, 110 mm at f/22,

96.5 mm flange focal distance.

I've been looking around for one of these for a while. The last one I saw on eBay went for $280.

Best,

Helen

There are alot of Nikkor and other lens makers variants made that are not well documented. Sometimes these are /were marketed not in the normal traditional channels, or made for the military, or special buys made for one industry. Also there are errors in tables made by marketing for "coverage" of LF lenses, weights, flange sizes etc. In some bizzare cases folks here on Photo.net Folks will ask and debate if it is possible to place say a 210mm F5.6 Schneider Componon in shutter, when they are on ebay used; as what us copy camera users used as a standard item 4 decades ago. There are also variants of lenses made optimized for different ratios; like the Schneider Componon-M 63mm F5.6 we used for Microfilm aperture card enlargements with our old Durst 138S copy/enlarger, optimized for mural ratios. There are also apo versions of Nikkors made for process cameras that are not well documented. It is good to question the validity of your info. But don't be too quick to say that a lens didnt exist, when folks have one in their arsonel still at work. There aer also plain dumb old Xerox copier lenses labeled "apo"; like the old 1960's typical symetrical 8" F4.5 lenses; with a click stop of say F5.6, F8 and F11, sometimes only to F8. One changed the Fstop when changing the drum, and a few times as it aged

Kelly, the 105 mm Nikkor-M is well documented. It was in Nikon's printed literature of the mid-1980s. I have a brochure with the specs and also have one of the lenses. The link that I gave above to a post in the archives had some of the specs and an excellent discussion of the history of this lens. Nikon only briefly offered it -- probably there was little market demand at that time for a LF style lens (lens in shutter to mount on a lensboard) with only medium-format coverage. Because it hasn't been offered in so long, one person made the mistake of thinking that the question was a mistake.