Sony Ericsson K750i -first DECENT SMALL 2MP cameraphone in the UK

Most all camera phones are marketed as "autofocus"; almost always this means they have enought DOF so a focus mechanism is not required. In old school terms; these mostly are fixed focus cameras; like a box camera of a century ago; and get acceptable focus over a wide rage of distances. the "megapixel" claims with cellcameras are often bloaded; upsized from a smaller sensor. Folks love the marketing BS; like the high numbers on flatbed "dpi"'s' and the 6 Horsepower house vacuums. One should get actual images from several cellcameras; and see actual results.

Thanks for the link, I dont really follow phones much these days. It's nice to see the cameras are coming up in quality, though honestly the shoddy camera on my Sony Ericsson t616 gets the job done well enough. Most pictures are deleted with in a few days anyhow.

I dont understand why the people above are so critical, it is a phone that takes pictures - it is not Digital SLR or even compact digital camera. If you want to carry a bag full of gadgets around, be my guest - but I'll be more than happy to have a phone that fills my needs reasonably well. After all, if I want to make a beautiful image, I'll get out my 300D - I dont walk around with my camera hoping to take a picture, I go out with my camera to make a picture.