Your water might have clorine in it?

I just bought my first medium format camera, the first two rolls were

wonderful, but then the next one a week later was blank, then today

two more were blank. So to check if it was me or the camera I ran a

roll from my pentax k1000 through my ill tempured darkroom and sure

enough, it is me. What could cause my film to be erased, could it be

clorine in my tap water?

There would have to be so much clorine in the water that it would burn to drink to erase silver from film and I am still not sure it would clear it.

Is the film solid black or completly clear? Did you try to develop the cut leader to test the developer? Are you positive you did not fix the film first? I am just tring to understand exactlly what took place. Are we talking about color print film or B&W or slides? Give us somemore details and lets try to figure out what is going on. ,Grinder

Chlorine dissolved in water is very unlikely to have any way to form hydrochloric acid. The main aqueous route to hydrochloric acid involves salt and sulfuric acid. Some HCl is probably still created as a byproduct of other processes, most is made by combining H2 + Cl to yield 2HCl and a good deal of heat, the gaseous HCl is then dissolved in water to make the acid. You can get the whole store on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrochloric_acid

Van

Conversation between senior USAF officer and Canadian counterpart:

General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream. Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Lord, Jack. General Jack D. Ripper: You know when fluoridation first began? Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: I... no, no. I don't, Jack. General Jack D. Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works. Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Uh, Jack, Jack, listen, tell me, tell me, Jack. When did you first... become... well, develop this theory? General Jack D. Ripper: Well, I, uh... I... I... first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love. Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm. General Jack D. Ripper: Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm. General Jack D. Ripper: I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake. Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: No. General Jack D. Ripper: But I... I do deny them my essence.