my photo essay

kenny_c

Some stunning compositions. Wistful. As an offering of criticism - perhaps a bit uneven(?). Most of the images are very well-crafted/structured with just a few seeming like "street-fillers". Take that with a pinch of salt - obviously, many of the images are of a very high quality.

I find some of the pictures good (and two of them very good, the two last ones), some less so, but the whole series strikes me as not consistent enough.

Although I read the text at the end (and got a serious hint by the "Zoography n. The biological description of animals and their habitats" right from the start), I still have a feeling of an assembly of pictures that might not necessarily fit together.

Just my personal feeling on this interesting series, please ignore it if it doesn't make sense to you.

A most consistent point-of-view, good sequence editing (a modern approach), good eye, and it certainly fits in the journalistic tradition; it 'says' something. (That is to say, it launched a ideas, a theme in my mind that I want to write about.)

Anyone can suggest that you omit a few images, but don't do it yet. Keep going.

Some images are definately less strong than others, sequencing in this way is very intuitive

and maybe perhaps even lyrical. That said there are definate page fillers... much more so

than if it was up on a gallery wall... books just need that, sort of exit and entry images...

alongside some neutral ones...