Neopan 1600

EricM

No doubt: DDX.

I was souping with diluted HC-110, which works very well (1:45, if I recall). Scanned negs

and the DDX comes out with finer grain. And, I just like liquid dev's over powdered--and I

mix it one shot. Email me if you want more info...

Paterson FX39 it delivers detail in highlights and extreme small grain.

Tops for Tmax but works for all stock. If you are able to source it

Took me four month to get but then I live in Australia.

Erwin Puts run some tests ,check his site.

I just saw a 100 ft. reel of 400 Neopan at a store this afternoon, so I guess they do exist; didn't bother to ask for the price, it is not cost-effective anymore to do your own, at least not for me, the difference is literally pennies after shipping costs, unless I order a bunch of rolls at once, which is rather unwise for me at this point.

>Braden Barclay , may 21, 2005; 07:29 p.m.

>Speaking of Neopan though, has anyone ever seen 1600 or 400 in bulk rolls?

Hi Braden,

I emailed Fuji about bulk 1600 last year. They aren't making it available in the US

anymore--although it is still listed on their spec. sheet. Bulk 400 is available at B&H.

Spec. sheets:

http://tinyurl.com/77kcq

Graham, here are the details for the image of the Chateau Theatre Bookstore. Ricoh

GR1s, Fuji Neopan 1600, EI 800. The film was developed in Aculux 2 that was diluted to

1+14 with distilled water. Temp 20 C. Time 21 minutes. Agitation limited to an initial 20

seconds of gentle swirling inversions, then 10 seconds of gentle inversion every 3 minutes

thereafter. Ilford Fixer. Scanned at 2900 dpi on Nikon Super Coolscan 4000. Post

processing was limited to auto contrast, which was very minor. No level adjustment or

sharpening.

The second image, of the woman in a more conventional bookstore, was shot with the

Ricoh GR1s at EI 1600 and processed at the standard dilution and agitation, per the

package instructions.