Film Offet Slider in Nikon Scan

Hi. I'm having trouble getting my scanner to recognize where my frames begin and end.

I'm able to correct it with the offset slider, but it usually takes two or three tries. I'm able

to trick the scanner by using 6x9 for my 6x6 but with my 6x9 negs it becomes a greater

problem for accuracy. Also if anyone knows what these numbers in the slider box

correspond to, I'd love to know. What type of measurement is this? There is no indication

of what they are anywhere in the software or the manual.

It's the glass holder. The real problem though, is with the software. The numbers next to

the offset filmstrip slider don't correspond with any specific measurement that I can tell.

I'm wondering if anybody here has figured out what these mean. I've only been able to

remedy this through trial and error, which is time consuming and extremely frustrating.

I scan color negatives (645 and 6x6) using a glass holder in a Nikon 9000 with Nikon Scan 4.0.2. I find it important to have the space between negatives visible before the first image. I only have framing problems when no space is visible before the first image and when a blank frame exist in the strip. I never use the offset available in Nikon Scan.