OT; Oh how lucky...

EricM

<br>I wasn't there, but I am betting that was much like my father (now deceased) drove after his Boy Scout canoe trip on the Russian River and he accidently dropped his one-week old Nikon F2AS in the water when his canoe capsized. he called a camera shop in San Francisco and they said to dunk it in water and get it to the shop ... pronto!<br><br>

DOA .. I inherited the one he bought to replace it.

I once had a friend who rode his motorcycle into the side of a moving tractor-trailer, with both he and the semi going over 50mph. He just closed his eyes and thought it was all over, but somehow he went right between the cab and the trailer, and while his bike got crushed, his body sailed right betweeen and he landed on a grassy median strip across the highway, with just a few bruises. Sadly, this same friend was killed a few years later while racing in a vintage car event. Can't push your luck.

Yeah, it's sad, but this was a guy who really pushed it - it seemed he almost wanted to go out young, handsome, and in a fast vehicle.

For me the worst part was that in that last crash, there was another guy I knew in the "co-pilot" seat, a guy who wasn't such a daredevil at all, and while he survived, he might rather have died too than turn out how he did (I'll spare you the gory details). Anyway, enough of that, back to photography!

Eric - I saw that video yesterday and watched it several times while watching different vehicles and how lucky they each were. Many people were lucky that day.

BTW, youtube.com is a great place to waste time. If you haven't seen/aren't familiar with Jimmy Kimme's 'Unnecessary Censorship' bits, do a search on 'censorship kimmel year' and prepare to be entertained. Very funny...and very wrong.

Amazing story Beau*. I'm sorry about the eventual end result though.