Set up web ordering

josh_miller6

I am looking to start doing web image viewing/ordering. I feel like along with a proof album given to

the B/G that I could really boost my sales mainly to distant friends and fam. I am sure there are a few

of you out there who set up some type of web viewing. Do you just run the Adobe Bridge web program

with your final folder? How do you then post this? Is their a specific site set up for this process or do I

need to some how include it on my personal web site?

Josh

I highly recommend SimplePhoto (www.simplephoto.com) for web ordering. You're not

forced to use any specific lab, so you maintain complete control over quality. The

Photoshop Web Gallery feature can work, but it's not as "one-stop-shop" as I would like

since there's not a shopping cart attached.

<p>

SimplePhoto's system is super-customizable so you can sell ANYTHING through their

interface. I love it.

I use smug mug also

David Schilling will attest to their print quality (posted above), and they are highly customizable if you are into HTML and CSS.

The one limitation, as noted by Anne, is that you can only use their lab (EZ Prints). It's incredibly more simple to just let smug mug collect the orders, charge credit cards, make prints and you just collect the check at the end of the month.

Depends on your needs - if you want to process every order manually (extremely time consuming), or let them process everything. They only take 15% of the *profit* of the order, not the wholesale price and shipping.

Good luck!

Aaron Lee

So I started looking at smugmug and simplephoto. So with smugmug after you do any

post processing you upload your images (JPEG's I would assume) to their website. Is that

it? Then your clients can just visit a specific web address that you are given from the

company. After clients place all prints into their basket and check out, you recive a check

at the end of the month. Thats it? you never have to deal with the printing stuff again?

How much do you get for a $22 5x7 print?

Simplephoto you upload your stuff and their service just takes the order for you and then

you deal with your personal lab. What cut do they take from it?