Extension tube for d70

paul_nguyen1

Hi Paul, you might also want to take a look at John Shaw's book "Close ups in nature". It's awesome if you want to get into macro.

I have a Nikon Pn-11 (52.5mm tube) that I used with my 180mm which I love, but I shoot film at the moment so am not sure how that would work with your d70 for metering etc. Also it may be a bit long for the lenses you have. Although I would be interested to see what sort of quality and magnification you could get off your 35-70 when set at 70 with a tube like this.

Good luck with it!

Greg.

Hi, Paul,

As previous posters mentioned, Kenko tubes are more convenient on condition that your 50/1.8 and 35-70/2.8 are "AF" Nikkors (35-70, for sure).

Incidentally, you can reverse-mount both lenses using Nikon BR-2A adapter ring (there is the previous model called BR-2 which should not be used for AF and digital bodies). For 35-70, you also need Nikon BR-5 or generic 62-52 step-down ring.

If you reverse-mount your lenses, you can achieve the magnification factor of 1/1.4x (with AF50/1.8) or 2.3-1/1.9x (with AF35-70/2.8). I have BR-2A and all of these these data are derived from the instruction manual accompanying BR-2A.

If you reverse-mount the lens, you won't be able to meter with D70. But you can make exposure mistake for free on digital cameras, so there should be nothing to worry about:-)

Hope this would be of any help.