On initial set up when starting your work flow to edit raw images in CS2... do

you look at all images and separate them into categories (separate files or

folders) and work each category according to there needs IE lets say you have

100 images and 25 are shot outside(overexposed) and 25 inside with yellow tint

and 50 shot inside (underexposed).

The reason I am asking I shot a 4th of July event at my church yesterday and

shot in different areas of the church with my D200 this is the first time I

have used raw so please excuse the basic question.

I purchased the Bruce Fraser book but must be overlooking this step.

Thank you in advance for your help

Ernie

If I have 500 images, I'll seperate them into folders just for the sake of ease in the bridge. A lot of images bogs it down. But for 100 I'd probably leave them in one folder. But, when I open them in the RAW converter, I open all similar photos. So, click on your first and last of the yellow tint images while holding the shift key. This will select all of the images inbetween. Then double click on them. They will all open in the RAW converter. Start out by selecting all images. Make all your adjustments. Then do a quick glance at each individually to see if the adjustments need further tweeking. Hope this helped!

"IE lets say you have 100 images...."

How about wondering what in the world you will do with 100 images? So you pick the ten best before any adjustments, copy them to a separate folder and adjust each of them individually. I delete the other 90 but you can leave them somewhere if you'd feel more comfortable.

"How about wondering what in the world you will do with 100 images? So you pick the ten best before any adjustments, copy them to a separate folder and adjust each of them individually. I delete the other 90 but you can leave them somewhere if you'd feel more comfortable."

When covering an event my customers and I like more than 10 final images. I have covered events from weddings to christmas parties, to church events, to community events. If I only turned over 10 images I think that would be my last event. Sometimes I take 1500 images and my final pick is 500 images... so I dont think that was out of line at all.

Kari, I got the distinct impression that Ernie was not doing this commercially. And there's no turnoff for an audience like showing 100 shots. His question reminded me of someone bringing out 3 carousels of the vacation slides. But if your market wants 500 shots, then do it.

I know two photo editors of medium size dailys. They seem to want submissions of 10 to 20 images to choose from for a story, not a hundred.

FWIW, I finishing editing a 3 year project. About 100 days shooting about 6,000 35mm images. I'm down to 21 final prints for an exhibit and still thinking I may need to tighten it up a bit more.