New to Nikon - emergency

roland_skye

http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin/nikonusa.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=nSouHhbh&p_lva=&p_li=&p_page=1&p_prod_lvl1=19&p_prod_lvl2=99&p_cat_lvl1=23&p_search_text=&p_new_search=1&p_search_type=3

The manual's a couple hundred plus pages. If you're ok with auto cameras, all you'll really need for straight shooting is the mode button for S, M, or A and the ISO, WB and Qual settings on the lower back display. Playback is simple, the play button on the top left of the back. Format will be in the top of the tool (wrench) menu.

This is always a problem. Nikon Europe used to have manuals, but I couldn't find them tonight; I don't think Nikon USA ever did have camera manuals online -- They will sell you a replacement paper manual, I think. I couldn't get the link just above to return a URL to the D2Hs manual, although there were some accessory manuals listed as well as a D2H firmware download.

Nikon Singapore has many manuals including the D2H (SIZE : 17592KB) but not the D2Hs. Don't if the missing "s" matters much for general use of the camera. You should get whatever manuals you need or might need before these disappear.

http://www.nikon.com.sg/TechSupp/Manual/DIGISLR/DIGISLR_Manual.htm

Well, I guess I gave some wrong information above. I did find the D2H manual for download on the Nikon USA site. I had to "log in" to the site first. I don't remember if they wanted anything special other than my snail and email addresses to create a registration since I did that some time ago. If you can provide a serial number you can get the printable version of the manual; otherwise you get a non-printable version. It took some browsing in the technical support area; the "search" boxes were not very helpful.

They also had the D70s, D100 firmware 2.0 and some other manuals.