Crit: whaddaya think?

Doin' the thing that some members of this and the S&D forum do; waist

level shots, zone-focussing, etc. I got this miserable face out of

it, among some others such as the one I posted in the "YOUR photo of

the week" thread today.

Anyway, I got over zealous in Curves and at one point thought I'd

work it until the colours were as sour as that old guy's puss.

Any and all intelligent commentary will be appreciated. Double points

if you make me laugh.<div>00C8LL-23402684.jpg.a6f3dd4739d2861aac27038e1f2880bf.jpg</div>

John Lo Pinto,

The tones are pleasing, the composition balanced nicely, with the juxtaposition of the two figures, one facing the camera and the other facing away from it. I like the repetition of form, too--the heads and shoulders of the two men.

Were you yourself surprised by what appears in the photograph? In the end, what catches your own attention in the picture? Just curious. What in particular, if anything, had you hoped to capture?

No need to answer these questions immediately--or ever. I am curious to read others' responses to the picture.

Bill

The dominant figure has his back towards the camera, which immediately causes me to lose interest. The other fellow's face is not really that sour, but it's hard to tell given that he's a bit far away into the frame. The background is distracting. And the second version is a weak attempt to use gimmickry on an otherwise boring photo. I must agree with several of the other posters.

john, these are the relationships that I liked in the photo. It's not sex or shoes in the

gutter stuff, but it is about simple shapes that that form ironic relationships that can be

exploited in the future, and present a subtle humor now.<div>00C8We-23409884.jpg.0d72b3153425f431b438b2b117da05ab.jpg</div>

My attraction to the photo was the expression, the large & small figures, & the massive back v. the small head. I like the backgrounds, but not the transformer that John chose to include. When you shoot like this you're an editor as much as a shooter.

Thanks to everybody. I agree now that the manipulation ain't so great (ok, it sucks).

Here's a manipulation of the first that I like:<div>00C8Y9-23410484.jpg.268400a1aedd2b5fc32056eb0cd821f4.jpg</div>