Manual for Bronica GS-1 Rotary AE Finder

tim_drake

Hi Tim.

I apparently have such as PDF (not sure though), however I also have na original one. I cannot scan it down at my convenience (no flatbed scanner availability), but I'll be glad to assist you regarding the operation of the finder.

Just ask your questions and I'll try to answer and/or phrase what is said in the manual.

(you may want to write of off-list - just email me to my photo.net regsitered address)

Alex

Thanks for your response Alex. I'll be receiving the camera from KEH this Friday and I'll put it toegether. If I have the problems understanding the finder that other photonet users have had, I'll let you know. Again Loads of Thanks, Tim

You welcome Tim.

The thing is actually pretty straightforward, nothing to be confused about. Just two sliders: metering mode (centerweighted/Spot) and AE/AE lock.

One thing to remember (and it is emphased in camera and/or finder manual) - if yuo use MLU and camera (finder) metering - do not forget to switch to AE lock after the metering and just prior raising up the mirror (by MLU lever), otherwise the camera/finder will continue measurements with mirror locked up (blocking the view) and you will end up by deadly burnt out frame.

Every new GS-1 user who utilizes camera's metering and MLU messed up with it at least once, I think I burnt over 10 frames until got used to the procedure. :-)

Alex