Can't install CS2 windows help

I have just bought photoshop CS2 (original Adobe install disk) I have a brand

new Dell computer that is plenty fast and has ample storage. When I try to

install Photoshop it seems to be getting hung up at the end of the process as

it installs the help features. I let it go for HOURS and it just kept

saying...this make take several minutes. The little green line kept moving

back and forth but for 3-4 hours it was as if it ware stuck in that mode.

So I CNTRL/ALT/DELETED out of it and uninstalled it and tried again and the

same thing keeps happening. I installed the program on my laptop already with

no problems... so I'm perplexed. Anyone have a similar problem or know a fix?

Dell computers are a strange lot, when it comes to loading software, they sometimes have hissy fits for what seems like no reason at all!

Try ending all other applications that are running on your computer, task manager will tell you which ones are running, ending unnecessary programs will give your computer less to have to deal with, and open up more space on your ram, "just make sure you only end the programs that are not part of your operating system, and don't worry, once you restart the computer, these programs will automaticaly load and run on their own again" completely disconnect the computer from the internet, "cable from modem, firewire, wireless or usb, what ever the case may be" and disable your anti-virus and firewall, "assuming that you have these, I would think so" as it sounds like your anti is working against you with this!

Once you have done all this, retry to load the software!

Hope this helps!

Ken.

Check if your CD is readable. Copy CD to hard disk and run installer off the hard drive. If it stalls, see if there is any HDD activity led blinking. You can also run task manager, find setup process (or its subprocesses if any) and see if CPU consumption is above zero, and if process I/O counters are ticking or not.

This is a good start. I will try. I also thought it may be that it was taking so long to load because my computer would start running the screensaver...so I made it 3 hours before the screen saver would kick in to hopefully stop that from messing it up. I thought it was weird that it quits (or seems to) in the same place each time (the help files). Thanks again and I will try your recommendations.

OK, if Victor, and Bruce are correct, one would think that the conflict would occur at the onset of the install. If it's truely an "Original Adobe install disk" (sorry cris) then it's simple - it's one of 2 things: 1) Hardware issue or 2) Software issue.<P>

Again, my thoughts are that the disc can't be read at some mid way point. Enjoy your challenge, we've all had many.