Bariloche

ricardo drumond

Hi, there are lots of places for landscape photos in the Bariloche area. Besides Cerro Campanario, which you already mentioned, you have Mounts Otto, Tronador, López, Victoria Island, Llao Llao peninsula, the arrayanes forest near Villa La angostura, the Seven lakes road, El Bolsón, lakes Moreno, Puelo and many others. At this time of the year you can find the changing colors of the fall and the first snows on the Andes peaks.

You cannot get 120 film in Bariloche; you had better buy the film at home or get it in Buenos Aires.

As for some previous comment, unlike most whose waters flow towards the Atlantic, some of the lakes in Argentina's Lake district lie on the Pacific side of the continental divide, so you can actually get through the border into Chile by boat: for example, from lake Puelo.

Enjoy your stay!

Yes Frank, there is a boat( travessia dos lagos), search google and you will find. I have many friends that have already been there, but none of them are photographer. They all took the boat to do the `travessia dos lagos ( argentina - Chile)

Thanks any way i have already a map

As you only have a week, I would stay on the Argentinian side, hire a car and travel the

Siete Lagos route and around Junin de los Andes to Volcano Lanin, or south into the

national park that I can't remember the name of!

I did all this and more on a bicycle last year, so I would definitely recommend a car or

motorbike!

Have fun

David

<i> Is Isla victoria a good place to go even with this weather?</i><p>

Yes. It would be nicer in good weather, but it's still a great place. You won't do much photography from the boat -- the combination of rain, fog and steamed-up windows will make sure of that. You might have a chance if you borrow a couple of towels from the hotel to wipe the windows. On the island, however, the rain will do interesting things to the trees, which are amazing. In that weather, you won't be able to see the forest for the fog, mist and rain, so concentrate on the trees.

Hi guys, i am wrihting you to tell what is in my opinion the must to do in Bariloche, now that my journey is ending. Route sete lagos to Villa Angostura, cerro campanario , cerro otto and Lau Lau route. I could stay 3 weeks only making photos in these places. ( I could not make the boat trip as my wife is pregnant and not feeling very well, but i can put this on the must to do)

If i have to choose i would stay with route sete lagos to villa angostura , but the best photo i took was on the Lau Lau route. And i heard that the boat trip to frontier with chile is beautiful.

Thanks all of you that really help me.