I just received a card in the mail from Canon that my rebate request for the

24-105L and the Grip for the 5D was declined because the numbers submitted

were duplicates. As I included (as requested) the original UPC codes from the

boxes I was stunned how there could be duplicates. So I called the number

provided on the card and immediately I was told that this was really not an

issue and they would overwrite the computer's result. They approved the rebate

on the spot, BUT had I NOT called, I would have never seen that money. So, if

you get one of these cards in the mail don't just take it as the last word,

but rather call them and they will fix it.

Canon outsources the USA rebates to a company called Global Fulfillment (www.gfsinc.com). SanDisk uses the same people. Not much more than an on-shore sweat shop staffed by the same people who bug you to change long distance carriers. It's important that HS dropouts and stoners have a place to work, I just wish it didn't have anything to do with me and money.

This is known Canon's scheme!. I purchased Canon digital camera and Canon printer from local vendor, during advertized combined $150 rebate period, and fullfilled all the forms, attachments, and on time. Canon sent a letter to me explaining that the camera serial number did not quality for the rebate. Went back to the local vendor, and he confirmed that I was not the first one complaining about Cannon rebate refusal.

The same thing happened when I bought a sandisk CF card. The run around, and then the fix.

If you ask me, all mail in rebates should be abolished. I don't know even one person who's not been given the run-around, told that the recepits were dupes, etc. They count on you to either forget to mail in your rebates, or mess around with you like this. Give me on the spot rebates. There ought to be a law against these scams.

SAME HERE! More than 500 in rebates denied - same reason - then I call and Oops! It was a computer error!

I smell a scam -- a deliberate attempt to withold payment of promised rebates - what a great story - there's "bug" in the "system" that mysteriously denies legit rebate claims. Only the lucky or persistent ones who see the little denial card they send (with no instructions) end up getting the money they were promised.

Net result: The fulfillment company pockets the money on the backs of Canon customers. Complain to Canon and get them booted!

Well, now you can say you've met ONE person who didn't have issues. It took them long enough, but I got my $645 in rebates about 3 months after mailing them in... no questions asked.

Gonna be getting another $315 coming up soon, too.